Thursday, April 29, 2010

Separating winners from non-winners (must they be losers?)

Setting aside the issue of politics visited here a few posts ago, the hallmarks of winners in the figure competition are legs. They are what separate winners from non-winners. Glenn explained it all to me at the beginning of my training and he reiterated it today. Many women can develop great upper bodies, he said. It takes work, but it's achievable. The tougher part is to develop well defined legs. This aspect is harder because women retain more fat in their lower body, particularly in their legs. Many women will have solid but not defined legs. Part of it is genetic, as are many body sculpting elements. It's hard to say exactly where one, um, stands with this issue until just before the competition when the hardcore dieting comes into play and dramatically transforms one's appearance. Glenn believes I'm doing very well with my upper body, so a big factor will be how much definition I can get in my legs. I fully intend to emphasize this area, to maximize whatever genetics are at my disposal.

No comments: