Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Public Service Announcement



During my boxing session at King's Gym on Monday, the guy pictured here walks into the room with all of his boxing gear. OK, whatev. Then Ed King tells me who he is. Shawn Porter, a rising boxing star from Akron. A real talent. A good guy with an unbeaten record. 12 wins, 10 knock outs in the middleweight weight class. Also, he was an alternate on the 2008 U.S. Olympic team. To his credit, he is the sparring mate of the top-ranked boxer, Manny Pacquiao. Now, I'm no fan of boxing, but I highly respect someone who is dedicated to his sport and has gone far. And he's local, just like our LeBron. So I guess I'm kinda proud of him. But he didn't stick around. Ed thinks that's because I might have scared him with my wild right hook.

No comments: