Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Cautionary Tale

Finally, I succeeded in completing a split body workout. It was all upper body, for a little more than 45 minutes. I only used 7.5 lb. dumbbells because I find that lower weight/higher reps works better for me than higher weight/lower reps. Although, I could probably go with 10 lb. dumbbells next time. When I was done with my work at the gym, I spotted a guy who looked familiar. I recognized him as being the husband of a trainer at King's Gym. I became acquainted with his image when I searched his wife's background as a highly successful, award-winning bodybuilder in the fitness category. They have a fitness-related business together and feature pictures of themselves on their website. I introduced myself and after we spoke for a few minutes, he asked what made me want to do a bodybuilding competition. I could answer that in about 5 different ways, but the truth is that one of the reasons is his wife, Stacy Helfinstine. I said that I want to look like her. In fact, I'm sure a lot of people want to look like her, I added. He smiled and said that she lives the life of bodybuilder and she's been doing it for ten years. 10 years??? In other words, it might take more than 6 months of training to get that look. Nonetheless, she is still very inspiring. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments: