Thursday, April 22, 2010

I blew it

Last night, one of my kids had a few friends over to watch the NFL draft. This required the placement of a pizza and nuggets order for delivery. I had already eaten dinner (three scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms thrown in, a salad with balsalmic vinegar and a brown rice cake with peanut butter), so I wasn't hungry. Then the pizza arrived. Large, half pepperoni, half cheese, thin crust, cut like a checker board, not the traditional way, making for much smaller pieces. The kids didn't devour it like I thought they would. I stared at the remains. I took a taste, just a tiny piece. OMG. I haven't broken this diet in any major way for a month and a half. I've been as disciplined in the kitchen as I have been in the gym. Plus, I lost another pound. Plus, I had a tough workout earlier with Glenn. I even dead lifted 65 lbs. (barbell) for three sets of 8 lifts. But the pizza tasted sooo good. I had another bigger piece, 1 1/2 in. x 1 1/2 in. Fuck it! If I'm in for 2 pieces, then I'm in for one more. It's so good! There was still a lot left in the box, so I took another. Did I have 5 pieces? 6? I don't know. What I do know is that Donato's pizza is insanely amazing. Do I feel guilty? Sort of. But it was worth whatever damage I did, it really was. The way I see it, if I'm going to blow it, I better enjoy every single calorie and I did. Now I'm done with being bad.

No comments: