Thursday, April 15, 2010

Positive progress with body composition!

The stats are in! I'm very excited to report that I've gained muscle and lost fat!! Glenn took my measurements today during our workout, punched them into some chart and came up with the following:

23% body fat
26 lbs. of fat
86.8 lbs. lean body mass

This compares to my stats taken March 18, exactly 4 weeks ago:

26.75% body fat
30 lbs. of fat
83.5 lbs. lean body mass

Progress is a very hard thing to notice and qualify on your own body, particularly when it's gradual. I was even thinking that maybe I went backwards - lost some muscle - because I just took several days off of the gym to deal with a nasty cold. I still don't feel ripped, but Glenn told me that I have very good definition in my arms, so I'm encouraged by that. I guess the idea is that when I tell someone I'm training for a body building competition, I want to look like I am and not have the person wondering if I've ever shown up at the gym. Yesterday, I had this type of experience when the water delivery man arrived with an order of 5 gallon bottles of distilled. I told him that I was excited because I recently became strong enough to lift up the bottles and flip them into place on the dispenser. I explained that I attribute the newfound strength to my weight training for a body building competition. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans, and it's kinda hard but not impossible to rock that look, but I don't think I had him convinced that I am a real contender. Nevertheless, he said he thinks it's great that I'm pursuing the competition and, at one of his delivery stops, he knows of another woman who has competed and won several trophies. Anyway, I think I'll be a little more confident when I have some more pronounced curves everywhere, defined by muscle.

No comments: