Thursday, May 6, 2010

Diet

I'm not a fan of "diet" being used as a verb. I like it as a noun because if one "diets," (verb) one will likely fail over time since this assumes a suspension of one style of eating and a resumption of that same style as soon as one is done "dieting." Now, if one eats a healthy diet (noun!), and one continues that healthy diet FOREVER, then the weight comes off and doesn't return. Of course, the question is, what is a healthy diet? You can eat this or that. How do you make that choice? This isn't the time or place for that info., but I know that the way I'm eating now constitutes the best choices I've ever made. The weight is coming off and I'm thrilled. So thrilled, in fact, that I've imposed my methods on my husband who needs to lose some weight. His diet (noun!) has been a wreck, and I'm working on correcting it. He's already seeing results - shedding 3 or 4 pounds - and it's been about 2 weeks. For starters, he must eat breakfast, something he routinely skipped. And I'm making him eat whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce once in a while. He's not crazy about it but too bad! Anyway, I think bodybuilders have many of the answers to the vexing and perplexing issues surrounding weight loss.

No comments: