Thursday, May 13, 2010

Benchmarks

I bench pressed 90 lbs. today, something I've never tried before. I think I did 6, maybe 7 reps with Glenn spotting. We did 3 sets, each as part of a larger sequence of exercises including cleans with 22.5 lb dumbbells in each hand and step ups onto a bench that was about 1 1/2 feet high with 10 lb. dumbbells in each hand, first 10 with the right leg leading, then 10 with the left leg. I hope I burned lots of calories because even though I shouldn't pay too much attention to the scale, I do and since last week, it went up by a pound and half. This has me a bit mystified and perturbed. I'm going to do another body mass assessment with Glenn a week from today, so that will reveal what's going on, to a degree. I'll do another bikini shot, too, since another month will have gone by at that point. I'll be very curious to see if I've reached any new benchmarks.

No comments: