Sunday, May 9, 2010

Carb Crash, part 2

After taking a 2 hour nap and eating some more (whole wheat orzo with prego sauce that was mixed with ground turkey, later some reduced fat cottage cheese with tomatoes, a rice cake with peanut butter, and later some salad with shaved turkey, sunflower seeds and balsamic vinegar), I started to feel better. But that wasn't until about 5 p.m. No visit to the gym. Instead, I laid in bed and watched a movie from 1977, "Looking for Mr. Goodbar." I highly don't recommend it. Plus, I had to watch it on vhs (from the library) since that's the only version ever released. It's one of those titles that comes up every now and then in things that I read, and I don't really have the patience for the book, so I thought I'd catch the movie, even though it's 2 hours and 15 min. which is a wee bit long for my attention span. It's based on the true story of a woman's sexual escapades around New York City during the early '70s, in a world infused with readily available sex and drugs. Sounds intriguing but it grew dull after about an hour and 15 minutes. Diane Keaton's performance was outstanding though and Richard Gere shows up about an hour into the movie in a part that clearly earned him his star role a few years later in "American Gigolo." So the day, while not being a complete waste, was not quite as productive as I would have liked. I'll start everything over on Monday with a training session at King's Gym.

No comments: