Saturday, May 8, 2010

Carb crash

I think I'm in the middle of a carb crash. I have a headache, I feel completely wiped out and I look like crap, like I need some sleep. When your body doesn't have enough carbs, your energy depletes and you're done, until you replenish. I just had a bowl of oatmeal and I'm waiting for it to have some effect. I've had this feeling once before, when I was experimenting with dietary elements, to see what I was capable of before I signed on for this bodybuilding regimen. I overdid the carb elimination and wound up in bed for most of the day. I think my present situation began yesterday when I never made it to the gym because I went out for a long lunch with a friend and had a few errands afterward and figured I'd just cover the gym today. But because I wasn't working out yesterday and burning all those calories, I restricted myself for the rest of the day and stuck with protein and veggies. My body is rebelling. So it doesn't look like I'll be going to the gym today either, unless I can put myself in turnaround.

No comments: