Monday, September 20, 2010

Right about now, some drama...

...or lack thereof. One might expect this period, 13 days from the competition, to be highly stressful and anxiety-ridden. But it's not. I'm feeling very settled, like I've prepared myself and I'm ready to go. This morning, I weighed 103.8 which means I'll probably make my goal of 102 by next week. This is a semi arbitrary number, but it reflects the amount I estimated I'd need to lose to achieve the right, lean look.

The most drama I can summon revolves around the make-over last week which was extremely aggravating and disappointing. The girl who tried out some colors on me was not very skilled and she made me look horrible. I was appalled and embarrassed. After removing the first layer of eyeshadow, she tried another shade that I liked much more and figured I could apply it better myself at home. So I bought a few things, including a gel eyeliner which is amazing and a vast improvement over pencil liner which I've used all my life and now have officially quit. But later that evening, my eyelids felt like they were on fire, a sure(fire) sign that I'm allergic. The next morning, I took the eyeshadow back and fortunately, didn't have any trouble. I also left with ample samples of two different foundation colors, meaning I won't need to buy the crap which is nice since I'll only be using it twice, once for each show. The purpose is to have my face match my (spray) tanned body.

My haircut and color came out fine, no drama there.

Perhaps my posing suit will be the thing that crushes me.

Confession: I haven't even tried on the posing suit since picking it up a week ago. Why? I'm afraid of what I'll look like in it. So this is something I'll need to overcome, starting tomorrow. I have posing practice with trainer Michelle in the morning and I'll be wearing it then. She'll snap a few pictures which I'll post here Tuesday afternoon. Stay tuned, things might take a nosedive.

No comments: