Sunday, September 26, 2010

6 days to go

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. I felt like I needed one more day of recovery to make the next 5 days effective. It was a calculated move, and not related to lethary. Today, I'll hit it and make it count. To ensure that yesterday at least felt productive, I started creating my "mind emptying" playlist for the competition. I want to keep my head clear and vacant while I'm waiting to go onstage. Some highlights include: "Blue Monday" by New Order, an old track that reaches my core and can bust through any emotional condition, "Can't Get Blue Monday Out of My Head," by Kylie Minogue which is a mash up of her song "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and "Blue Monday" and it's so damn hot it might fry some brain cells, "Walking on a Dream" remix by Empire of the Sun, "Hot" by Inna, a song whose lyrics make zero sense but it sounds awesome and, for when I need to settle down, "Early Winter" by Gwen Stefani. I'm still collecting more tracks for all my psychological needs.

Some people have asked me about the details surrounding Saturday's show. It's at Lakewood High School, 14100 Franklin Avenue, in the school's auditorium, and the parking situation in a minor nightmare. Parking is available behind the school, but that lot fills up. The only other options are side streets. Wear your hiking shoes. Tickets cost $15. It starts at 10 a.m. with the bikini competitors which are hot girls that lack muscle definition. By 10:30 or sooner, the figure competitors should be lining up. Interspersed with the figure bunch likely will be a class of female bodybuilders, very lean chicks with crazy definition.

This morning competition does NOT reveal winners. They are announced at the evening portion of the event. Why? So the promoter can make more money by selling more tickets. However, what will be revealed in the morning is who's in the top 5. Generally, the first 5 girls called out from the line up for side by side comparisons are the winners, 1-5, with #1 standing in the center. Since there is a big break between the morning and evening shows, I'll post here that afternoon whether I was called out in that initial group.

No comments: