Thursday, September 30, 2010

Found some traction


I'm a feeling a little restored by finding some traction, partly drawn from the photo here that I looked up last night. Of the 4 competitors, pictured in the March show at the same venue and with the same sponsor for the show I'll be attending tomorrow, the lady with the least muscularity is indisputably the one on the far left. [for a better view, use this link: http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?comparison=2182#1]

Guest who won her class and WAS THE OVERALL SHOW WINNER? The one on the left. She looks great, but would you pick her out of the line up as the winner? So, as trainer Glenn says, it's a crap shoot. If that's how it's played, then I'm game for some craps.

He also reminded me that being confident goes a long way. Hell, I can do that. I may have conflicting voices in my head, but if I choose to listen, one of them is feeling emboldened by this journey and by the changes reflected back in the mirror. She also appreciates the lunacy of everything. I can and will listen to her.

I also am looking forward to that tan. A nice golden glow can only make me shine.

To offer further calm and balance, tonight I intend to read extreme surfer Laird Hamilton's book, "Force of Nature: Mind, Body, Soul and, of course, Surfing."

No comments: