Thursday, September 9, 2010

Latest numbers

This time trainer Glenn did a body mass assessment on me not at my request but of his own volition. I submitted because I guess a part of me is still curious while also realizing that these numbers tend to be not favorable. As the day wore on, I kept guessing what the percentage of body fat would be (the number I'm most hung up on), to test myself on how I would feel about each potential outcome. Finally, at 5:15, he texted me the results. I was surprised. I would like the the body fat percentage to be lower, but I feel pretty good about where it stands. It marks a big decrease from last time. However, I've lost a pound of muscle which probably can be expected at this point and that figure could always be worse, like 2 pounds of lost muscle. The results, as compared to those taken on July 29, are:

16.1% body fat (down from 19%)
16.9 lbs. fat (down from 20.8)
88.1 lbs. lean body mass (down from 89.8)

And why not compare today's results with those from March, the first time we took measurements:

26.75% body fat
30 lbs. fat
83.5 lean body mass

Big changes!

If I can get down to 14% body fat, I'll be satisfied. At the beginning of this process, I thought I might reach 12%, but I'm realizing that's not going to happen. I can accept that. Hopefully, in these final 3 weeks, I'll lose a few more pounds of fat and if I'm lucky, I'll retain all my muscle.

No comments: