Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Updates


I had my blood test yesterday but won't have the results until maybe Friday. My doctor didn't have much to say about whether or not she thinks I have a thyroid problem. I got the feeling that she wants to let the test tell me. But I do know that neither of my trainers, Glenn nor Ed, think I have a problem. "Don't waste your time with the test," said Glenn. "Throw your scale out," said Ed. OK, so we'll see. I'm due for a body composition measurement tomorrow with Glenn, so that should be interesting. I'll report the results Thursday evening. It's also time for another bikini shot which I'll probably handle Friday.

Tonight, I ran a mile to fulfill my cardio obligations. I used my Motorola wireless headset (pictured here) to play music off my phone, and that helped tremendously. I highly recommend wireless headsets. They double as bluetooth devices, so if a phone call comes in, I can answer it without needing to press a single button. This is what I always use in the gym. I never see anyone else with one, and I've never understood why. Having wires leading from your earphones to your iPod can be very inconvenient. Anyway, the run went well in terms of completing it without stopping but I'm embarrassed to confess how long it took. 10 minutes, 45 seconds. I need to work on that.

No comments: