Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heel hindrance

During posing practice with Michelle this past week, I wore my super high posing heels. While I'm very accustomed to walking in high heels with decades of experience behind me, so to speak, this pair is a bit higher than all of my other pairs. So during practice, I didn't walk smoothly and that bothered me. I hadn't worn this pair previously, other than trying them on to see if they fit. Now I realize that I have another competition element to master - walking gracefully in these things. I mentioned this new challenge to a friend and she suggested that I wear them around the house where I'm bending down, changing direction, walking up and down steps, all things that require balance. At first, I thought I'd just dedicate some exclusive time to walking in them a few times a week, but I like her idea better - fold it in to what I'm already doing. Time to water the flowers in the backyard? Slap on the heels!

No comments: