Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ed tried to kill me and he almost succeeded (and I loved it!)


Ed introduced some heavy duty cardio to my workout yesterday (per an adjusted Memorial Day schedule) to condition me for future tough workouts, partly I suppose so that I will be inspired to work harder when doing my own independent cardio activities. Also, the goal was to burn mega calories right then and there. Of course, the point to intensifying the cardio is to help me melt off more fat. As in, the 10 unwanted percent of body fat that I need to drop. We started by heading outside, something we've never done before. This took me by surprise. Then Ed tells me to run. What?? I don't run. I hate running. I'm not a runner. I view it as a form of mild torture. So I ran. If I had to measure the distance in houses, I'd say that it was 8 decent sized houses out, then 8 back, on the street. Then I took an 8 lb. sledgehammer and hit a tire, letting my right arm lead the motion, for about a dozen reps. Next, I ran the same distance. Then another round of reps with the sledgehammer, leading with my left arm. Then I ran out and back and OUT AND BACK AGAIN, for a total of just under a mile. That's when I knew Ed was trying to kill me. The rest of the workout took place inside and included a new quantity of reps - 50! 50 tricep dips, 50 quad exercises on a machine, then 60 outer thigh reps on a machine. In between some of these sets, I hopped on the Versaclimber, pictured at the right. A nifty contraption. I did 2 rounds on it, each separated by other work. For obvious reasons, Ed and I didn't share too much deep conversation, as we sometimes do. Instead, he counted and I sweated, profusely.

No comments: