Monday, June 7, 2010

Shrinkage (not my jeans but me)

Some time ago, a friend asked me if my clothes fit any differently. Alas, I had to say no, nothing had changed. I put on a pair of jeans over the weekend for the first time in a while and, shockingly, they were looser around the waist. This is a freakishly uncommon experience. For a long time, my weight has stayed the same, with a few small spikes here and there. Nothing gets looser, only a little snugger, with some retreating from whatever caused the expansion. Right now, I feel like I'm shrinking. This leads me to revel in the wonder of setting a goal, spending a lot of time working toward it, then seeing some results. Losing fat, in my opinion, is a WHOLE LOT HARDER than gaining muscle. I think the cardio is contributing to the losses, but so is my new dietary regimen - limiting the carbs after lunch. My short term goal is to knock off a few pounds so that I can delay the need to go on the more intense diet that ultimately awaits. I think I can make that happen.

No comments: