Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I shared my body composition (fat!) frustrations with trainer Glenn and, based on the kinds of things I'm eating and the quantities, he thinks I could very well be restricting my calories too much and putting my body in starvation mode. In order to lose fat through calorie restriction, you need to fall a few hundred calories short. If you exceed that say by maybe 500 calories or more, you won't lose fat and you risk burning muscle for energy, also known as catabolism, the arch enemy of all body builders. He said he'll take a look at what I eat in a single day since he knows that most of my days are very similar and give me an evaluation. He thinks that what I'll need to do is eat more of the things I'm eating. I have an incredible amount of discipline when it comes to food, so if I need make cuts, no problem, I will do it. I don't have a sweet tooth, so that never interferes either. But I think I've overdone it and overreached with the calorie deficit. I guess everything I'm doing is trial and error, and with my lack of experience with these issues, I should expect to get a lot wrong in my first attempt. Fortunately, it's not too late to make changes, and I'm going to start doing that today.

No comments: