Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rough week

I suffered this week. I went hard on Tuesday at the gym because I had taken 3 days off of working out with the Memorial Day holiday. I did deadlifts with a 50 lb. barbell and I paid for it. Deadlifts are strange. At the time you do them, you don't really feel like you're straining the muscle. I previously had done them with a 40 lb. barbell and felt no pain. So I thought I'd bump it up. For the next 3 days, I was in severe pain and it only intensified over that period, as often happens with muscle strain. The day after, there was the killer Ed workout, 'nuf said. Fortunately, I had a massage scheduled for Thursday evening. Ordinarily, these sessions are 90 minutes but as the 90 minute mark approached, my masseuse asked if I had more time because she said she had a lot more work to do on me. No kidding. I was a wreck. Yes, I had more time so she spent 2 hours on my messed up body. Wow, I've never done a session like that before. Meanwhile, I've been extremely careful with my diet, limiting calories and eating carbs with breakfast and lunch, but almost none afterward (ok, maybe a banana in the afternoon). That seems to have helped a lot. My energy hasn't suffered, and some weight has come off. I'm going to stick with this plan.

No comments: