Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Goal

Right now, my goal is to compete for the first time in a drug-free body building competition in October 2010. I've been involved with weight training for nearly two years, guided by trainers who also have personal experience with competitive body building. I trust and rely on their knowledge, but I also work independent of them at a local gym. My workout week has consisted of three days at the gym, spending about 45 minutes devoted to full body strength work. On the other three days of the week, I use dvds at home for cardio conditioning. Most of these video routines involve light hand weights. I take one day off each week, usually Friday or Saturday. This schedule is my ideal, and I can't say that I adhere to it every week because sometimes life just intervenes and I need to sacrifice a day. But this regimen matched my previous goal of total body fitness, including muscle growth and endurance. However, things are about to change. With my new goal of competing, my workout week is soon going to grow to 4 days in the gym and my diet will undergo some transformation, though not in horribly dramatic ways. I already am a healthy eater, both by my own standards and likely according to others' as well.

No comments: