Friday, March 19, 2010

Conclusion and Reward

Today marks the end of my first week of serious training. I spent four days in the gym and now I take the weekend off for recovery. It's important to give muscles the chance to repair themselves, otherwise, a person can overtrain which means that the muscles are broken down and don't have the opportunity to build back up. Obviously, that's counterproductive. My rewards come in two forms tomorrow...one is a 90 minute massage (something I do every other week, a luxury but also a necessity) and the other is attending a professional qualifying bodybuilding show. This is for serious competitors and it's the same show I will compete in six months from now (the sponsor offers it twice annually). I'm looking forward to the chance to see what the competition looks like. I expect it to be a daunting but highly motivating experience.

No comments: