Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Butt glue

Today, I returned to King's Gym and met for an hour with Michelle Csismatia, a personal trainer, fitness competitor (5th place in a show a few years ago!!!) and highly charismatic lady. She's going to be my posing coach as well as informer on all things related to appearing in a fitness show. She's warm, very high energy, has great instincts and an incredible depth of knowledge about dieting properly, where to get a great bikini and how to get the best looking fake tan. She is going to be an incredible resource. We get along well, too. She explained what the judges are looking for at a competition and how to deliver it to them. We walked through the posing routine several times and she pointed out how to position myself to show off different muscles. We spent extra time focusing on lat exposure from the front view which apparently is a key element. She also emphasized the importance of practicing at home. We'll meet again in another month. I feel like with Michelle, I have a real friend and supporter, someone who's looking out for me and wants me to succeed. In me, she has a willing and eager student. Whatever she says, I'll do. Including the butt glue. She informed me that this is something competitors roll on their butts to make their suits stick to them, to prevent wedgies and other undesirable movement. Who knew???

No comments: