Friday, August 27, 2010

Salt is my new sugar

When I need a blast of flavor, time to bring on the kosher salt which is much lower in sodium than regular salt (280 mg. of sodium vs. 590 mg in 1/4 tsp.). Everything tastes better with salt. This is not to say I'm dumping it all over everything. More like I'm liberally applying it when needed.

I've been strictly adhering to a diet of 1,500 calories and it's working. In fact, this week has been a textbook case in weight loss. It's been dropping by .2 lbs. daily which works out to be the pound loss in one week for which I'm aiming. I weigh 106.8 now. If I continue at this pace, I'll get down to 102 which is a ridiculous number, but that's the week before the competition, and the following week I'll start bringing it back up which raises an interesting question.

What do I want my weight to return to? Since I feel like I'm in complete control of this issue, all I need to do is pick the number and make it happen by finding the amount of calories per day which will maintain it, along with the level of exercise that will support the number. I realize that's more easily said than done, but I think I have the skills now to mastermind it. At the very least, it's worth a try. I think I like the look of 106.

No comments: