Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Counting calories and coming up nearly complete...by 4 PM

The last two days have been way too challenging. I haven't completely adjusted to the new calorie count (1,300 - 1,400) in terms of spreading out the calories evenly throughout the day. I eat a tame breakfast, tame lunch with no snack in between (and I wasn't happy about that), then a snack in the afternoon, and I'm left with about 250 or 300 calories for dinner. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I talked to Michelle about this, swore more than a few times, whined for a few minutes, then she very sympathetically explained how I should approach things. Basically, for breakfast, it's 6 egg whites with oats (she told me how to combine them with a few other ingredients to make a pancake...???), for lunch, it's 4 oz. of a protein, 8 oz. of a veggie and 4 oz. of a carb, and the same for dinner. There's a tiny snack thrown in there with a few items, one of which measured 1/4 cup, so that's kinda not worth mentioning. This plan comes on top of days that include really hard workouts. Sounds like things are going to be rather rough for a while. Who knows, I might start stealing the dogs' food.

No comments: