Monday, August 9, 2010

Latest confessions

I'm definitely moodier these days. When I get pissed off, now I want to bite the person's head off. Not that I'm the most patient person (I'm actually the least), but still, it's my kids who can more easily set me off.

I ran a mile in 10 minutes, 20 seconds last night. Not a very good time and not an improvement over the last time I did it, not that this matters all that much. Plus, I haven't done it in over a week. I've been swimming for cardio.

I ate a piece of cake last night!!!! I'd like to say that I feel terrible but I don't. I absolutely loved it! My parents were over for dinner and my mom brought dessert, and I thought I'd just taste a piece with a knife, just a sliver. Then I had another, and another, shaving that thing down until it was half gone and at that point, WTF! I just finished the damn thing! I told Michelle when I saw her today, and she said, don't sweat it, but come September...NOT A CHANCE!!

Michelle will be absent next Monday, so I'll be training instead with...VONDA! (see a previous post to learn more about her and her scariness). I'm VERY excited about this! The vaunted Vonda! When I saw her today to schedule my time, she said, "Be ready, girl!" Heehee, haha, uh-oh!

A rather ripped woman keeps coming into King's Gym around the time when I'm finishing up in my new time slot and I don't know if she's going to be competing in Oct. but she's in close-to-competition condition and it brings out my competitive side. I won't make eye contact with her but I will steal glances in the mirrors and compare what we've got. I'm not sure how we rate against each other, but her lower body is beatable, if another person brings it in that department. She's definitely in her 40s and sports a complete tan which might have aged her a bit, too, unless it's fake, but I don't have a trained eye for that. So now I find myself thinking of her when I'm in the gym by myself and it inspires me because I don't like her (she gives an evil vibe, but maybe that's just me being weird but I kinda doubt it) and I'd like to look better than her, especially if she's competing.

On this new diet of fewer calories, I'm hoping to bring the weight down at a rate of 1 pound per week and I'll see where that gets me. The back fat still needs to go, so after about a 5 pound loss, I'm thinking that I should see a difference.

No comments: