Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One gallon of water, consumed!

The goal of consuming a gallon of water per day has been looming and I've been anxious about whether it's really possible for me to imbibe such an enormous quantity. I decided to make yesterday the day it would happen. It was nearly a full-time a job. Between drinking and peeing, I was very busy with the task. The greatest peril lies with leaving the house because there's no way to go an hour without peeing. I think I'm going to learn where every bathroom is within 10 square feet of the places I frequent. It takes a dedicated effort to make the consumption happen, but I have in place some strategy. One of my sons drinks tons of Snapple Ice Tea, so I've been saving the bottles which conveniently have screw off caps and fit in my purse. They hold 16 oz. and 8 of them equals a gallon. I prefer glass to plastic because it's safer, with no chemicals leaching in to the water. I drink distilled and yes, it's contained in a plastic bottle, but it's the formula that doesn't leach, plus, it's not exposed to any heat which accelerates that process. After I finish drinking a bottle, I set it aside. I like to see the progress, with bottles moving from one side of the kitchen to the other. Yes, cheap thrills. The purpose of drinking all this water is to aid in weight loss, to bathe the muscles which enhances their development and to train my body for the time close to the competition when I'll "dehyrdate," not in the sense of passing out but in the sense of expelling as much water as possible, as my body is conditioned to do, despite not receiving the customary amount because I cut back the amount considerably. So from now on, if there's not a bottle of water within reach at all times, I'm doing something wrong.

No comments: