Thursday, July 29, 2010

The New Numbers

My new body mass numbers are in and I thought they might be better than they came out, so I'm a little disappointed, but they do show improvement.

19% body fat
20.8 lbs. of fat
89.8 lbs. lean mass

compared to measurements taken July 1:

19.8% body fat
22 lbs. of fat
89.8 lbs. lean mass

I still have a lot to lose, so that's what the next 8 weeks are going to be about and I'm semi dreading it. My new diet plan will be worked out in the next day or two, and I'll begin it on Monday. I'll share the details of its composition as soon as I have them. The key to weight loss in the context of bodybuilding is to lose it slowly to prevent loss of muscle. That's been the approach so far, but the remaining amount of fat that I need to lose requires what I'd call more drastic measures. I'll use my ketone strips (see a previous post) to help guide the process. Overall, I'd say my prevailing feeling surrounding this upcoming process is one of fear.

No comments: