Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waxing, Clenching, Blabbing, Planning

I had my first ever leg waxing appointment today. First times can be replete with anxiety and stress and this experience definitely qualified in those departments. I was not looking forward to today's procedure and I was even a few minutes late, something I work hard to avoid. I pride myself on being punctual. Pride went out the door as soon as I entered the room. The Russian lady who attended to me assured me that I was in good hands, that I'd be fine. I wanted to believe her since she's an informed source. I had visions of crying. Maybe I'd need her to stop so we could take a 5 minute break. I'd be sweating profusely. I had no serious plans for afterward.

On a scale on 1-10 with 10 being the most painful, I'd say, at worst, it was a 7. At best, it was a 5. The pain was uneven, with some parts of my leg hurting worse than others. I clenched my teeth and said OW! about a dozen times. But the aesthetician was very friendly and happy to talk the whole time. That helped. Mostly, we talked about her diet and interest in losing some weight, maybe 20 lbs. to start, then another 20 lbs. This is one of my favorite topics right now, so I advised her on what she should eat. That took a good 20 minutes of the 45-minute appointment. The rest of the time we talked about her kids and waxing itself. She told me that it would hurt less the next time and that I will love the result.

Well, right now my legs have red marks where the hair was ripped out, so they don't look very attractive, but that will go away in another day. I think I'm happy with the outcome and I certainly like the idea of not having to shave, so I'm planning on going back for a second time when I'm ready. And after I see how that goes, maybe there will be a third time. Most of all, I'm glad this is over with.

No comments: