Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Potential Paperweights

Here's how the Buffalo competition is going to work. First of all, I'm changing my posing technique. I have another way to hold my right arm steady, by resting it against my right leg to achieve a much improved position. I couldn't execute this with the last show because I was much too nervous, but I'm expecting to feel far more at ease this time. Not relaxed, but definitely not standing there almost unable to breathe. Plus, I'll be eating more on the day of the show, so I won't be so depleted, feeling like I'm running on empty.

I will compete in 3 - yes, 3! - categories because, why not? I'm eligible to do it and this will be my last competition, so I'm going for it. I'm entered in my age group, 35 - 45 (contrasting with the ages for the last show which were 40 - 49), my height (the short people) and something called "novice" which includes those who have never placed in the top 3 in a previous competition. The number of entrants will be much smaller than at the last show, leaving open the possibility for me to actually place in the top 5. This would mean I could bring home a trophy and I can always use another paperweight. But what I really intend to get out of this show are some nice pictures for posterity. I seek to capture the tan and some solid buffness.

Toward that latter pursuit, I'm hoping to drop another percentage or 2 in body fat. To achieve the loss, I started last Friday doing a low carb rotation where I don't have any carbs with dinner one day, the next day no carbs with lunch and dinner, then on the third day, I have carbs with every meal. I'll continue this regimen through sometime next week, a few days before the competition on Oct. 23. This approach isn't demanding anything too crazy of me and hopefully, it will budge a couple more lbs. of fat. Trainer Glenn will do another assessment next Thursday, so I'll report whether I meet my goal. 12% or 13% body fat would be nice compared to 15% taken at the last measurement, just before the first competition. Today, I weigh 102.8. With the loss of about 2 lbs. of water by the end of next week (drinking a gallon of water all week, what fun), I could easily go just under 100 lbs. which is totally freaky but also very temporary. After the Buffalo competition, I'm blowing outta there for some rest and relaxation in Toronto where I fully intend to eat, drink and be merry (that means shop), no matter what the outcome of the show is.

No comments: