Monday, October 11, 2010

A New Form of Torture

The time has come. I'm probably long overdue anyway. But now I have no choice. I'm going to need to get my legs waxed. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are reasons why I've never done this before and they involve FEAR and PAIN!!! AHHHHH!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! OMG!!!!! The reason for the arrival of this misfortune is the timing of the Buffalo show. It begins at 1 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. My first of two tanning appointments is at 6 p.m. on Friday, after which time I won't be able to shave. My second tan is at 9 a.m. the next morning. The evening portion of the competition is at 6 p.m. Saturday night. So I need to go from roughly 5 p.m. Friday until 8 p.m. Saturday without shaving and that could exceed what my legs can handle. It could be a very unsightly look. I don't want to take that risk. So I'll be submitting to this new form of torture. BUT WAIT!! IT GETS WORSE! I learned when I booked the appointment for Wed. next week that I can't shave for about 5 days in advance. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I will NOT be wearing my short shorts to the gym during that period. I also better not suffer any major accident or health crisis cuz that look could seriously scare someone.

I am NOT happy about this set of circumstances. In fact, I imagine that I will lose a significant amount of sleep the night before the appointment. I read a few web pages about this topic and one suggested taking tylenol beforehand. Brilliant. I will do that. I think a few shots of Grey Goose wouldn't be a bad idea either. Screw the calories!

No comments: