Monday, October 18, 2010

5 Days Out

I went to the Gorilla Pit yesterday, a gym that's about as hardcore as they come. Lots of heavy objects fill the not extremely large space which looks like a warehouse with a garage door in the back. I saw cement balls weighing upwards of 200 lbs., tires weighing around 450 lbs., and other inventive objects like tall, steel, possibly hazardous chemical containers with handles on them weighing about 200 lbs. for carrying and kegs filled with water also for carrying. Trainer Glenn video'd some of our time there with his phone, so I'll post it here once he sends it to me. One of my activities was flipping a 150 lb. tire 25 times (5 sets of 5 reps). It was intense but satisfying.


I did some posing practice with trainer Michelle this morning at which time she also measured my body fat. Check this out....11.5%!!!! This is the number I needed to hit and I nailed it. The carb cycling seems to have worked. Yay!!


I'm taking the preparation for tanning a little more seriously this time around. That means I'm using an exfoliating product all week to get my skin ready. As it says on the product, the solution will "correct skin's pH to ensure the best hi-definition color. It exfoliates impurities and dead skin cells to reveal younger, healthier skin for better absorption of color." Do I believe any of this claim? Well, after seeing the difference between girls' tans at the last show, I determined that clearly some people looked better than others. Better would be defined as skin that looked like creamy peanut butter vs. others that looked like a graham cracker. Not as smooth and silky. I think I leaned more toward graham cracker. Hopefully, I'll achieve a better result this time.

Otherwise, I'm feeling good about the competition, especially since its number of participants will be smaller. What that means is last place may be #7 or #8 which is not quite like #16. Anyway...I'm not dwelling on any of it. I just want to improve my presentation and I think with some more practice I can do that. But right now, my look is where it needs to be and others have noticed. A guy at the gym over the weekend told me I have great abs. That felt reassuring. It makes the punches potentially thrown in a show a little easier to take.

No comments: